On 4/28/2016 3:55 AM, Tolqua wrote:
I'm quite surprised to learn that recurrence options actually don't apply to folders at all
Did you catch Laurence Glazier's post? He pointed out that you can set up a recurring folder and then cause it to regenerate its subtasks by right clicking the folder and selecting "skip occurence"
I'm still amazed that there's no clear path to sub-tasks when opening a task - Am I missing something obvious or is there some logical reason that this wouldn't work?
On Windows, if you are using a view that does not show subtasks because it's a flat (or non-hierarchical, or to-do) view, you can position the cursor at the beginning of a task and doubleclick and MLO will open an "all tasks" (hierarchical) view with the same task selected. Its subtasks will be right there under it, unless it's collapsed in which case a single click will expand it.
There also appears to be no way to 'skip' an instance of a recurring task from it's reminder (as in Outlook, for example). Looks like this can only be done in the properties window in the desktop app. Surely not? This is a really basic 'must-have' - I'm finding I can only do this by completing the task then deleting the completed task - very clumsy.
Skipping is a really great feature especially if you have missed several occurrences of the task and you want to skip all of them up to today. If you are just trying to skip a single, current occurrence I do not understand what is so important about skipping - why notjust complete the task, which you can easily do from any view or from the reminder. I am guessing that it's because you don't want to be bothered about deleting the completed task. But there are other excellent ways of avoiding that. For one thing you can turn on automatic archiving of any task that has been completed for more than one hour. Or, when you set up the recurrence pattern (using the Task Recurrence pop-up) you can click the Advanced Options button and then, in the Task Recurrence Advanced Options popup, tick the checkbox for "Do not create a completed copy of this task on recurring"

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/62c8c331-9525-2f40-6d54-0c111104a6e7%40dwightarthur.us.