>From a GTD point of view, using Tags to control a task's "List" (i.e its
actionable status such as @Someday @Later @Waiting  etc) is unacceptable
for a combination of reasons

1. I want to use Tags to control Context  and if one starts using Tags to
control both Context *and* List, things start to get very messy!
e.g. When one is trying to view all your Tasks grouped by Contexts, then
then Tags such as @Someday @Later @Waiting immediately start cluttering up
your views.

2. It's also rather a pain to change the actionable status of and entire
project as you need to select all the tasks  at once within a project
before making the change

3. Obviously it's also possible to have any given Task appear in multiple
GTD lists at once (e.g. @Someday @Later @Waiting), so moving between GTD
Lists is stupidly clumsy.

4. When view tasks and wanting to change between different Contexts, the
Tag names are also cluttered up with tag names like @Someday

Sadly Flags don't work well either for Controlling GTD status list either
because (unlike Tags) they don't inherit their values from parent tasks
when being created.

The long and short of it is that MLO needs separate fields for the "Status"
and Context of a task, and when the user tries to do these sort of
workarounds, there are always various unintended consequences.

With thanks

PS I have had a quick look at the Windows MLO Version 5 beta video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvwcHwF0yXs
and from what I can see there is no sign of any improvement in this
problem.  :^(

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/30c60e53-ada6-40f5-9766-7ba1475d7063%40googlegroups.com.