It’s kinda hard to fix a problem that’s user generated. You’re making
distinctions that don’t actually exist in GTD. GTD as written is using a series
of flat lists that are concrete and distinct when it comes to task management.
You group them in whatever way makes it easiest for you to work with them, and
then you work down your lists while adding to or subtracting from them to keep
them current with your present reality and decision making so you don’t have to
store all of that in your head.

You can set things up in a hierarchy however you’d like in MLO—which is not a
GTD thing because it adds overhead and mixes tasks with project planning—and
then tag them to appear on stand alone generated lists or across multiple
lists. Or you can make flat lists in MLO and move tasks between them however
you’d like. You’ve created an aspect of GTD that does not exist, and one which
no program can deal with because it’s entirely made up, convoluted, and already
accomplished by any program featuring text entry.

There are all manner of things I’d love MLO to be developed to do or handle,
but that does not appear to be your issue. I remember before you joined the
beta team, I said it sounds like you’re futzing around with programs to avoid
doing your work or properly dealing with your commitments. It still sounds like
you’re doing that. It’s a problem everyone can relate to, but that does seem to
be the problem.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/e4157843-51d1-466c-8ada-5fd08002963a%40googlegroups.com.