>It annoys me a lot and maybe there is a registry hack or something off the
books that I could implement to purely disactivate pop up reminders on
desktop
As to the hack you can try to disable reminder syncing completely:

In MLO5:
Menu: Syncronization->Configuration->MLO Cloud->Advanced->Do not sync
reminders.

If you check it then setting reminder on one device should not set it on
other device after the cloud sync.

I personally did not check it after the time it was intially implemented so
please let me know if it works for you as expected.

Thanks,
Andrey.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/5d4cacfa-4531-40da-88af-1f3970f69d0e%40googlegroups.com.