Aaron Weiker ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) writes:

> application interface. XML is this magic layer in the middle that each party

No it's not.  XML is simply an emerging standard to describe metadata.  No magic
involved.

> about to get this Email). The solution would be to have this other middle
> tier application be built, doesn't really matter what language but the
> requirement is to have it be able to work with XML and also with MySQL (or
> so be it, another database). It isn't MySQL's responsibility to do this,
> however it would be great if they could, would definably help MySQL be able
> to compete feature to feature against the other DB's that are out there.

No, it wouldn't, because it's pretty trivial to write something that would wrap XML
around data.

Why do people constantly try to tie presentation layer stuff to either data or a
particular database?  It's evil to do so - and if I have to explain why, maybe it's
time folks went back to school to take a computer science course or two and learn all
about decoupled systems and why tightly coupled systems like this are *evil*.

--
Ed Carp, N7EKG          [EMAIL PROTECTED]           940/367-2744 cell phone
http://www.pobox.com/~erc               [EMAIL PROTECTED] - text pager

I sometimes wonder if the American people deserve to be free - they seem
so unwilling to fight to preserve the few freedoms they have left.