Hello mysql,

  Today I got a chance to compile mysql 3.23.34 with innobase, so
  althought it's not out yet I'll give some of my comments

  The version I'm speaking about got from work.mysql.com

  1) It does not even configure then trying to configure
  --with-innobase-db the problem is autoconf is not called in innobase
  directory so configure script is not created
  2) innobase_data_home_dir   used as prefix, so if we'll not end it
  with "/" we'll have files prefixed by directory name created in
  upper level directory. This may be expected behavior but if so it
  should be described in the manual.
  3) Data files somehow are created with "x" attribute which I think
  is not quite right
drwxr-xr-x  19 root     root          366 Feb 22 21:32 ..
-rwxrwx--x   1 root     root     1073741824 Feb 22 21:36 ibdata1
-rwxrwx--x   1 root     root     1073741824 Feb 22 21:08 ibdata2
-rwxrwx--x   1 root     root     1073741824 Feb 22 21:09 ibdata3
-rwxrwx--x   1 root     root     1073741824 Feb 22 21:09 ibdata4
  4) Currently ATIS test fails with innobase table:
Retrieving data
Warning: Query 'select city.city_name,state.state_name,city.city_code from state,city
where city.state_code=state.state_code' returned 1 rows when it should have returned
11 rows
Got error:  when executing select flight.flight_code,aircraft.aircraft_type from
flight,aircraft where flight.aircraft_code=aircraft.aircraft_code
got 0 instead of 579 ***

 5) Then started first time mysql creates innobase datafiles long
 during startup which I think should be also mentioned in the manual -
 I thought it's hanged up.

 6) There is currently a serious lack of documentation - is there any
 additional information about innobase tables ? For example how does
 tables distributed over data files (I'e if putting them on different
 disks will improve perfomance) Other thing is what should I do if I
 somehow lose one file - will I be able to recover data at least
 partitially ?  What is idea ? Is it better to make small files or one
 big file if you OS supports this ? How may I backup table  ? Only
 with mysqldump ?
 7) Currently No check repair tools are provided which would be real
 showstopper for production usage even if the tables will be quite
 stable - what should I do if I have file system dammage so I need to
 check the things up. Here we have even more problems as many tables
 share one file so we probably can't just check them one by one.
 8) As I understand innobase works with large files self mannaging
 usage in them - so Is it planned to support RAW devices with innobase
 ?

--
Best regards,
 Peter                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]