Hi Phil,

>Looked at the Innobase web site - very exciting looking specs.
>SQL:
>               -a small interpreter with stored procedure syntax like in
>                Oracle, no SQL optimizer
>Does this mean that MySQL using Innobase tables, will this allow for stored
>procedures of
>multiple SQL statements stored on the server that execute or not as whole
ie. a
>series of
>INSERT ........   UPDATE .......  SELECT ..... UPDATE ...... held in a
script >at the
>server and executed by calling a stored proc name that either fails and
rolls >everything
>back to before the proc was started or completes? Also server side cursors?
>Reducing network overhead.

There is a small internal SQL interpreter inside Innobase with stored
procedures. But, unfortunately, it is not accessible through MySQL, because
MySQL currently does all the SQL interpreter functionality in the combined
MySQL/Innobase database. Stored procedures and triggers are in the TODO
list for MySQL, but I do not know the timetable.

>LPhil Daintree - Dux Industries Ph:+64 (04) 567 8900 Fax: +64 (04) 567 8904

Regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
Helsinki, Finland