Heikki,

HT> But  could  you Alex describe, was it so that you were able to get
HT> signal  14 even without running your 30 UPDATE daemon processes on
HT> the  database? Did you get it even if you restarted the server and
HT> did not run any of these daemons?

  If  I  run  Mysql  without having any client connected nor doing any
  "mysqladmin xxx" command, the is no Warning messages. Only :

010326 11:43:29  mysqld started
Innobase: Started
/usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections

  If I do "mysqladmin ping" , "mysqladmin status" ... no problems.

  As soon as I run my daemons :

010326 11:47:28  Warning: Got signal 14 from thread 4
010326 11:47:30  Warning: Got signal 14 from thread 4
010326 11:47:32  Warning: Got signal 14 from thread 4
010326 11:47:34  Warning: Got signal 14 from thread 4

  another  thing  really  interesting  is  that  if  I  do  a  lot  of
  "mysqladmin proc", then the Warning messages are paused.

  I  explain.  I'm doing a "tail -f myserver.err" on a console. Then I
  see that about each 2 seconds I got a "Warning ... message".

  On  another console I do "mysqladmin proc" and as soons as I get the
  result I do another "mysqladmin proc" and so on ...

  Then I noticed that while I'm doing "mysqladmin proc", the "Warning"
  messages are no more send to error log.

  A soon as I stop doing "mysqladmin proc", the "Warning" messages are
  coming back :(

  This  seems  very  incomprehensible  to  me, but I though maybe this
  could be a clue for you.

  NB:  I did the test with "mysqladmin ping" , "mysqladmin status" and
  it's the same than with "mysqladmin proc".

  Regards,
  Alex.