Hi!

BAUMEISTER> Sinisa,
SM> No, nothing, No need to test further.

SM> Try those Solaris patches, re-install gcc and build from the fresh
SM> tarball without debug and with all the options like the last time.

BAUMEISTER>   Fresh tarball.

BAUMEISTER>   Latest Solaris 2.8 patch applied !

BAUMEISTER>   But :

BAUMEISTER> 010323 17:38:04  mysqld started
BAUMEISTER> Innobase: Started
BAUMEISTER> /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
BAUMEISTER> 010323 17:38:54  Warning: Got signal 14 from thread 4

<cut>

I did some additional checking:

signal 14 is the alarm clock. This means that somehow Solaris 8
doesn't send the alarm signal to the right thread or that sometimes
the signal is delayed a such long time that the thread has time to die
before it's delivered.

In most cases this is not critical;  I will try to do some testing on
our Solaris 2.8 machine later the incomming week.

Regards,
Monty