Bonjour,

SM> Seems like Innobase has introduced some timeout ( I do not see how) on
SM> the sleeping connections.

  I've been trying a few other things.

  When  I  run Mysql with Innobase, if no client connects, no "Warning
  signal 14" messages in the error log.

  Then  I  run  a  client  which  only  logs  on  the server (no other
  queries).  I  then  have  to wait a few seconds (not always the same
  delay)  before  inevitably having some "Warning signal 14" messages.
  One message each 2 seconds :

  010326 15:09:16  Warning: Got signal 14 from thread 4

  Always   thread   4  (even  if thread 4 doesn't exist, but I've seen
  that while there actually was a thread Id 4).

  So, 1 message each 2 seconds.

  If  I  do  "mysqladmin xxx" (ping, status, processlist) , there is a
  pause  in  the  writing  of  "Warning signal 14 messages" of about 4
  seconds and then ... messages are back.

  Then  if I stop the client (so no more opened connections to Mysql),
  error  log still receives "Warning signal 14" messages, one each two
  seconds.

  If  then  I  do  a "mysqladmin ping or status or ..." , the "Warning
  signal  14 messages" stop being sent to error log ... and don't come
  back.

  If  I run 30 clients connecting (but doing no queries), I still have
  messages about signal 14 and thread 4.

  If  I  make  my  daemons  start  working  (doing  some update/insert
  queries) then I receive Warning messages but not only from thread 4,
  from other threads too.

  Regards,
  Alex.