On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:45:29 -0400
Brad Tilley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No need for flames. I think the two are converging.

One area where MySQL beat Postgres is in Windows installation.  Installing postgres on
Windohs is like pulling your fingernails off slowly.  I hear they are close to full
Windows support though in the 8.x branch.

MySQL's command line interface and programming API also are nicer for newer users.
Why in the world do I need to remember to type "\d" to show my tables?

That said though, I do like both.  Oracle is nice too.  :)

It'll be really interesting to compare pg and mysql in a couple years...

Josh