Hal Vaughan wrote:

I've tried this by running 2 instances of mysqld, the first with no arguments, and the second like this:

mysqld --port=3307 --datadir=/dbtest/mysql

I have to run mysqld directly -- not through safe_mysqld (which /etc/init.d/mysql calls). If I run it through safe_mysqld, I can run only one instance at a time, it will exit without running a new instance if it detects one already running.

FWIW, `/etc/init.d/mysql` and `safe_mysqld` are just shell scripts. Hence you can copy and change them easily to run multiple versions or instances of most software...

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                          dream.  code.