Eric Bergen said:
> Apache 1.3 with php (not sure about tomcat) is a pre forked daemon. Any
> connection pooling numbers will be per child. Try setting your
> connection numbers per child (for most php apps this is 1) and let us
> know what happens. I'm guessing it will create as many connections as
> there are apache children. For more info see the fork() man page.
>
> -Eric
Actually the connection is on per worker process.  Tomcat response to
apache's children's requests, so it would be, at worst, one connnection
per tomcat worker, which should be a smaller number than apache
children/threads.  There are methods for tomcat workers to also share a
connection pool, but I've never used them.  For my needs dropping and
creating connections has been better (shared servers).

I'd look at the tomcat connection pooling information on the apache site
as a place to start rather than the web-sever.  Hopefully you have
configured tomcat to just handle the .jsp page not ALL PAGES.