Over on http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?10,20058,20058#msg-20058 I
posted a msg connected to me having trouble to login to my MySQL
database handler.

I might save some space here in your email by asking you to go to the
above forum-thread, and my last post in the thread goes;

Ok, so I did the following;

1. Stop mysqld and restart it with the --skip-grant-tables option as
described earlier.

2. Connect to the mysqld server with this command: shell> mysql -u root

3. Issue the following statements in the mysql client: mysql> UPDATE
mysql.user SET Password=PASSWORD('newpwd')
-> WHERE User='root';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Replace ``newpwd'' with the actual root password that you want to use.

4. You should be able to connect using the new password.

I got the following result;

mysql> UPDATE mysql.user SET Password=PASSWORD('my_password') WHERE User='root';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 5 Changed: 0 Warnings: 0

mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

The thing is that this doesn't work, and I suspect that somehow,
webmin and my browser happened to remove some privileges of thr root
user while changing password through mentioned webmin.

I can't login to mysql neither via the shell as root using "mysql -u
root -p" (without the -p it works, but then I don't seem to be able to
do anything), neither can I login via webmin's interface using "root"
as my password and my assigned password.

My follow-up question is; where are these settings stored, and how can
I change back so that root has full access-rights again???

Thanks in advance!!!

N.P