I don't know how far this is going to help you. But this is what we are
following to migrate from Oracle to MySQL.

Have a flag keeporacle as long as you want oracle to be in place.

Open connection to mysql
If (keeporacle)
{
    open connection to oracle also.
}

         if (keepOracle)
         {
            found = look in Mysql db
            if (not found)
            {
              look in oracle db //Anyway this architecture must be in place
for you.
              insert in MySQL db
            }
         }
         else
           look in mysql and serve back, if it exists.

Close connection to mysql
If (keeporacle)
{
   close connection to oracle.
}

And once you feel confident that all the data is moved from oracle to MySQL,
take oracle out.

sujay