Peter Pentchev wrote:
> So, MySQL 3.22.x does not have the capability to produce dumpfiles,
> only outfiles.
>
> Ah.  I just read the whole of your message.  You are using a 3.22.32 server -
> so, sorry, but you're out of luck :(

AHHHH!!!! Curses, I was hoping to avoid an upgrade (since we've had
nothing but trouble with other clients accessing this server and I don't
want to shake things up with an upgrade!)

But, really, that answers my question - the SERVER must be >3.23.6.
Apparently the client makes little difference. I'll also have to NFS
mount the file sever to the SQL server to get the file where I want it.
It's a pain, but at least I have an answer.

Thanks,
Bill