On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 04:13:50PM +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> We are planning to migrate from Oracle to mysql. Before we do it, i need
> clarification on:
>
> 1. Does mysql supports triggers ?
> 2. if a client has to excess mysql then is a copy of mysql needed to be
> installed on the clients machine (just as u have sql3.3 for oracle)?

As to (1), no, MySQL does not support triggers as of now, and I do not
really know of any plans to support them in the future.  What is done
with triggers can be (maybe not just as easily, but certainly faster
in most cases) done with client-side programming and proper database
design.

As to (2), to access a MySQL server, you need the MySQL client libraries.
No, you do not need the whole MySQL package (along with the server) installed.

G'luck,
Peter

--
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.