> Why don't you use PHP or ASP functions on the server-side in Web page code.
> They act like a trigger and you don't need MySQL 5.0 for them.

That's an excellent suggestion.  There are a few MySQL trigger-emulation classes
in the PHP Classes Repository, too, taking away some of the development work.
Unfortunately, these won't work from the command line, so perhaps that's why the
original poster hasn't taken this route.

Edward Dudlik
Becoming Digital
www.becomingdigital.com