I know it a 4.1... But as I compiled it my self it is not so easy to figure it
out.... And it might take a while to trial-n-error all 4.1.x

Nils

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: sheeri kritzer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: fr 05-05-2006 20:28
Til: Nils Lastein
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Emne: Re: Determine version of *.frm, *.MYD and *.MYI

You don't have ANY idea what branch it was created with?  3.2x, 4.0,
4.1, 5.0, 5.1 ?  I'd recommend finding another similar server in your
dept and see what it's running (assuming there's no standards doc, or
sysadmin to ask, etc).

Do you remember around when the time was that you last
installed/upgraded mysql on the box?  If so you might be able to
figure out which release it was.

You can try to use something in the same branch -- if it was
4.1.something, try the latest in the 4.1 branch.

Where were your backups stored?  If you used mysqldump it logged the
server version at the top of the output file.

-Sheeri