hi, Chris

Thank you for your advice!

I know that Innodb use the logfiles circularly. Can Innodb re-use  the
deleted rows' disk space in tablespace?

Regards,
Leo Huang

2006/7/26, Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
leo huang wrote:
> hi, Dilipkumar
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> I think I know the fact: The Innodb can't reuse the deleted rows' disk
> space. And a solution is: dump the data; shutdown mysql; delete the
> files; restart mysql; import the data.

InnoDB does re-use the space inside the database, it's the logfiles that
are growing. The logs are needed in case you need to replay transactions.

I suggest you read this page:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/adding-and-removing.html

and this page:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-parameters.html

Specify 2-3 entries in the innodb_data_file_path and mysql should (if
I'm reading it properly) rotate between the files and keep size under
control.