Hello

I have a server with the following specs but fear that the currently
running MySQL-4.1 does not completely utilize it as the database feels
to slow for the webservers although the system load is always only at
about 10%:
        CPU: Quad Dualcore Xeon with Hyperthreading (4*2*2=16 logical cpus)
        Kernel: 2.6.17.6 (-> NPTL threading)
        RAM: 16 GB
        OS: Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 "sarge" with i386 architecture

Can it be that MySQL-4.1 does not share the load across all CPUs?
Has MySQL-5.0 any improvements for this hardware?

(I know that poor performance can result from inefficient queries and
wrong configuration settings, too, but as this would get quite complex
then I first want to rule out this cause)

thanks,

-christian-

--
Christian Hammers             WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                       CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller