Chris White wrote:
On Monday 27 November 2006 07:59, Filipe Freitas wrote:
Hi,

This is not a mysql thing but maybe you can help me.
I want to call a stored procedure from PHP, so I tried it like normal
querys: mysql_query("CALL mySP();"); with no success.

thx

No success how? Generally with stored procedures and returning values, you use a session variable and utilize it as OUT like so:

DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS CURVAL $
CREATE PROCEDURE CURVAL (OUT current INT)
BEGIN
        SELECT value INTO current FROM sequence;
END $
DELIMITER ;

so when I go to call curval:

CALL CURVAL(@cur)

and the value can be received by:

SELECT @cur;

My stored procedure is the following:

CREATE PROCEDURE `getListaDeNewsflashes`(in quantidade smallint)
  COMMENT 'Devolve uma tabela com um nĂºmero limite de  newsflashes'
begin
PREPARE statement FROM "SELECT * FROM newsflashes ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT ?";
SET @limit=quantidade;
EXECUTE statement USING @limit;
end

it works when I execute it on mysql monitor: call getListaDeNewsflashes(10); in php it doesn't. I think I need the out session variable like you said. But how? I will need a variable for every column?