Because it's also a "tip" as your form has an option for, so some poor
sucker doesn't spend hours trying to figure out why their passwords are
all expired and nobody can log into their $40,000 appliance and a shit
storm comes down upon their head because some dumb user thought they'd
_try_ to put 99999 in so their password wouldn't expire for 274 years.

Plus I did do a bug search and found nothing for DATE_ADD.

Not everyone peruses the 6 million bugs in your system, trying every
possible keyword... It is more useful to have something listed at the
bottom there (as I did), so someone that was doing a search on that page
for DATE_ADD would then see this _tip_.