On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:31:43 -0400, "Michael Dykman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
said:
> No, I'm afraid not.  32 bit architectures have a theoretical limit of
> 4G of memory space for the entire application: in actual practice, for
> a variety of reasons too complex to go into here (and are well
> documented elsewhere) your key buffer should be limited to around 2.5G
> max, and this is assuming a pure MyISAM implementation.  There simply
> is no way a 32 bit build can make use of all that RAM, regardless of
> OS.

Hello Michael,

Do you mean the entire mysqld server including its child,modules should
only use 4G memory?
If so,the config below for 32 bit OS is may wrong,is it?Thanks.

key_buffer_size=2G
innodb_buffer_pool_size=2G
--
  Ken Peng