Figure it out at 3am this morning while I was sleeping I remembered there was an rsync on the databases every 10 mins to replicate the files across the network.

I killed the rsync.. and all has been flawless!  =)

gotta love the dream world. answers are always there!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Baron Schwartz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Justin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 4:42 PM
Subject: Re: servers full potential / FT searches locking tables

Justin wrote:
lockup just happened again.. here's a innodb status.

InnoDB status will be basically useless, as full-text is only applicable to MyISAM, and indeed your status output shows only one transaction is running (the one running 'show innodb status') and InnoDB has done zero work since the server was started (look in the ROW OPERATIONS section).

So your server isn't using InnoDB for any tables (at least none you've queried since starting the server).

But you're still allocating some memory and other resources to it. If I were you I'd put the following in your /etc/my.cnf just to ensure InnoDB isn't interfering or complicating anything:

skip_innodb

Cheers
Baron