Sorry man, as everyone keeps saying, there is only 4 gig of ram in the
entire known 32 bit universe.. that includes space for
process-specific system buffers, file handles, internals...   the
TOTAL amount of ram you can give to 32-bit MySQL in ANY combination is
around 3.5G (many will tell you, not without reason the it's closer to
3.2 or 3.4..  situations vary)

 - md

On 8/29/07, Ken Peng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:02:31 -0400, "Michael Dykman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> said:
> > I mean that the theoretical limit of a 32-bit application is 4G... in
> > practice, you won't quite get that (for a pile of practical reasons)..
> >   best to keep your configured memory requirements to around 3.5G or
> > you will run into weird errors.
> >

> Sorry,I mean is the entire mysql application limited to 4G?
> Or single configuration argument is limited to 4G?
>
> for example,
>
> config_directive_a 2G
> config_directive_b 2G
> config_directive_c 2G
>
> Though here I configured 6G totally,but each directive is 2G.
> Is this right for a 32bit system?Thanks.
> --
>   Ken Peng
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - I mean, what is it about a decent email service?
>

> --

 - michael dykman
 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 - All models are wrong.  Some models are useful.