> Does anybody know how I restart my mysql-server with the correct

> character and collation settings, if this is the cause for my problem,
> or if there might be any other reason for it. My mysql version is
> 5.0.26-12, running on a Suse Linux 10.2.

Meanwhile I managed to change the server settings by adding the
following lines in the [mysqld] section of my /etc/my.cnf:

collation_server=utf8_unicode_ci
character_set_server=utf8
skip-character-set-client-handshake

Now the server also runs with utf8, but when loading the file, I still
get the same error message...

Regards,
H.

--
"Wouldn't the sentence 'I want to put a hyphen between the words Fish
and And and And and Chips in my Fish-And-Chips sign' have been clearer