Ananda Kumar schrieb:
> I used the latin collation and latin db character set, to load data
> similar to you, and we got this done correctly.
>
> If your inserting multi byte data, then u need to set the above
> parameters. This was one of the solutions give by mysql, i am not able
> to get the url. I will search my notes and get back to  you all.
When I load my multibyte data using latin character set and collation, I
get the data loaded correctly into the database without error msg, but
when I want to display it with "SELECT * from table" I don't get it
displayed correctly, even after I change the settings back to utf8 after
the import.

Best regards,
H.

--
"Wouldn't the sentence 'I want to put a hyphen between the words Fish
and And and And and Chips in my Fish-And-Chips sign' have been clearer