Ananda Kumar schrieb:
> strange. did u exit and reconnect and did the select?

Yes, I tried it once more. I have to put the USE command before I change

session settings to "latin" to make it work without error (otherwise I
still get the duplicate message). But even after exiting I get the
national characters displayed as two (or more) bytes.

Regards,
H.

--
"Wouldn't the sentence 'I want to put a hyphen between the words Fish
and And and And and Chips in my Fish-And-Chips sign' have been clearer