2008/4/1 Reuven Nisser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>  Hi Rob,
>
> Thank you for the answer.
>
> Yes, the two databases do not interact but I access them using ODBC
> connection and if I use two instances, I will need two ODBC connections
> setup on each production PC. If I use one instance I could use for the
> second connection:
>
> ;ODBC=XXX;Database=yyy
>
> So, I prefer not to use option 1.
>

> I did not understand option 2. If I do not use  "One file per table" then
> all data for all databases is kept in the same set of files (IBDATA*),
> right? If I use "One file per table", then I could use winbolic link to
> place the database on a different disk, right?
>
> Am I missing something in option 2? Is there a way to separate the data of
> one database without "One file per table"? How?

I think you are correct and was wrong. For some reason I was thinking inodb
data was stored on a per database manner, inside the database directory. (I
am almost exclusively a myisam user). Boy, that is an ugly way of doing
things...

With the one file per table a symlink or junction should work.

Sorry for the misinformation.

--
Rob Wultsch
[EMAIL PROTECTED]