Hi Michael,
I do not understand, please explain.
The plan is to use "One file per table", move the database directory to a separate disk and establish a link to the directory from the previous location. What locking problem do you see in Unix or Windows?
Thanks, Reuven

Michael Dykman wrote:
I would not recommend using either SMB or NFS to access data
directories , especially if you expectingany kind of load.  File locks
simply do do work effectively (or at all) across such mounts.

 - michael dykman