--- On Fri, 24/4/09, David Sparks <d...@ca.sophos.com> wrote:

> From: David Sparks <d...@ca.sophos.com>
> Subject: Re: Oracle , what else ?
> To: "j...@commandprompt.com" <j...@commandprompt.com>
> Cc: "mysql@lists.mysql.com" <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
> Date: Friday, 24 April, 2009, 6:42 PM
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > I would expect that MySQL in two years likely
> won't exist except on the
> > most tertiary level. Most new projects will be
> developed in either
> > PostgreSQL, Interbase or one of the forks (MariaDB,
> Drizzle).
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Joshua D. Drake
> >
> > --
> > PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdr...@jabber.postgresql.org
>
> Your FUD would be better posted on a Postres list with all
> the onging
> discussions on how Mysql doesn't support foreign keys,
> transactions, etc.
>
> Begone Postgres troll!

Oh the hostility of a scorned mysql user. Joshua has posted no more FUD than
you mysql chaps have done yourselvs over the past few days. You were worried
about the future and he's posted a few ideas of how you can prepare.

That said I do agree he's jumped in at the right time to do a bit of Postgres
pushin' and pimpin' :-)