Glyn Astill wrote:
>> Begone Postgres troll!
>
> Oh the hostility of a scorned mysql user. Joshua has posted no more FUD
> than you mysql chaps have done yourselvs over the past few days. You were
> worried about the future and he's posted a few ideas of how you can
> prepare.

No he didn't.  He posted doom and gloom:

"It will be a supported but second class citizen from Oracle."

"Oracle is not interested in the 1000/yr business. For the most
part that is where MySQL revenue is."

"maintain it long enough to allow MySQL to kill itself."

"I would expect that MySQL in two years likely won't exist except on the
most tertiary level."

One more time: begone Postgres troll!

Switching gears ...

All said, I'm cautiously optimistic that Oracle taking over the reins to Mysql
will benefit all.  Mysql is the long running leader in the open source
database space, and with the DB smarts of Oracle behind it I expect to see the
gap between Mysql and the other open source DB servers widen, not close up.

Mysql is getting better at a pace that is making the other open source DB
servers irrelevant.

ds