On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 03:27:44PM -0700, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:

> Does the master.info file on the slave contain accurate info? MySQL
> doesn't compare the contents of the file against your my.cnf. It
> creates the master.info file once and then considers it
> authoritative. This is neither well documented (yet), or necessarily
> desirable behavior. But that's more of a personal perpective.

Well, it reads like:

[blank line]
4
localhost
ftp
password
3307
60

I have no idea what the blank line, the 4 and the 60 mean, but the middle
part is still correct. Guess I'll try removing the file, like the docs say
not to unless you really know what you're doing, which IMHO you don't if
you're depending on the docs. (But you have to love it once it's running
right.)

Whit