>Dear Jerry,
>
>Sorry, did you suggest to use 5.x / 5.y ( NO 6.x ) ?
[JS] No, I am not saying that. The system I inherited was running 5.x, and I
have not had the time nor urgent need to move upwards. There are some
incompatibilities that I would have to deal with. For example, although short
tags are deprecated in 5.x they are not allowed in 6.x; and the construct

<?= $something ?>

is not allowed. I would have to go through all of our source code with a
fine-tooth comb to fix these.

We do run an international shop, with heavy use of UTF-8, so the
internationalization features of PHP 6.x would be very useful.

If you have the time to fix up your PHP code, then I would suggest that you go
to 6.x.

>BTW, would you mind to tell me which newer version of php and mysql are
>you running now ?
>Due to I want to download a version of them and do the test under win2003...
>Then, I want to tell(reply) you the result(stable)!
[JS] PHP 5.2.10, Apache 2.2.14 (Win32), MySQL 5.1.36-community

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032