Am I correct in assuming that your application does connection pooling?  If
so, then these long lasting, idle threads are normal.

If there is no connection pooling, then this might be a symptom of a problem
with your application server not letting go of processes properly.

 - md

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdyk...@gmail.com