Hello,

For those keeping score, this will be the second time in the past few months I've come upon this problem. To recap, this is happening on a development laptop running Win7 64-bit Ultimate and MySQL 5.5.13. This morning, all was working well. This evening, I launched MySQL Workbench 5.2.34 CE to work on a table. When I attempt to access the server from within Workbench, I'm now prompted with a window asking for my password. Of course, my password is not accepted when I enter it - I'm presented with error #2000.

Just to confirm, mysql --version returns:
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.13, for Win64 (x86)

This is not an upgrade, after my last mishap, I once again formatted the laptop with a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit as well as MySQL 5.5.13. I've begun digging through bugs.mysql.com, but I'm not seeing any standing out. I should point out that this problem also breaks any sites running on this dev laptop as all passwords are no longer accepted.

Any thoughts on what may be causing this? It seems to be happening every month or so at this point.

Thanks in advance,
-Tim Thorburn