----- Original Message -----
> From: "Tim Thorburn" <webmas...@athydro.com>
>
> Before this, I did try to simply reset the root password by once
> again stopping the MySQL service, starting it with --skip-grant-tables;
> however regardless of what I changed the password to, I received the
> same error.  This error was present for each login I had on the MySQL
> server.

Hmmmmm. That sounds like there's a record in the mysql.user table that gets
precedence, somehow... Normally, if multiple entries match a user/host
combination, the most specific one gets used, which makes it kind of unlikely;
but would you mind posting the full set of user/host combinations in mysql.user
(don't need the password hashes, of course) and a few of the errors you get
(those show the exact user@host the server tries to match) ?

It's a bit of a long shot, but anything is worth checking out at this point.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn