* Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> [121031 17:22]:

> Am 01.11.2012 01:54, schrieb Tim Johnson:
> > * Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> [121031 08:12]:
> >> you MUST NOT use "localhost" if you want to connect to
> >> a different mysqld-port because "localhost" is unix-socket
> >>
> >> mysql -h 127.0.0.1 --port=3307 -u <username> -p
> >   I get "access denied" when I do that.
> >   thanks
>
> don't get me wrong - but do you have any clue about
> what you are doing?
  Did you not note that I have a solution? I am clearly
  aware of the options that you outline below.

  Let it go. You are ahead of me on your knowledge base and clearly
  you are trying to help everybody. I no longer need your help so
  don't waste your time on me. (this time)

  :) Maybe I will need you help again some day.
  In the meantime, good luck and keep up the good work!
--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com