----- Original Message -----
> From: "Anthony Pace" <anthony.p...@utoronto.ca>
>
> I have heard that due to Oracle taking over, the OS community is
> shifting to other type of DB's .

I think the question has long been answered. However, out of curiosity (and
because they are the questions you should ask yourself anyway), *who* have you
heard that from, and what might they not have told you? :-)

I can imagine there's zealots from pretty much every database that will be
claiming similar things about every project they see as a competitor to be
stamped out. Hell, Monty himself has been scaremongering plenty around the time
Oracle announced the takeover.

--
Linux Bier Wanderung 2012, now also available in Belgium!
August, 12 to 19, Diksmuide, Belgium - http://lbw2012.tuxera.be