I watched a keynote from Thomas Ulin at Percona Live London a few weeks
back, and the slides are quite interesting:
https://www.percona.com/live/london-2014/sites/default/files/slides/PerconaLondon14_keynote.pdf

There's a lot of haters (some with more valid reasons to hate, others with
little or no reason), but it cannot be denied that Oracle did not let MySQL
die..

cheers,