Am 15.02.2013 22:55, schrieb Mike Franon:
> I am having a real hard time upgrading just from 5.0.96 to 5.1
>
> I did a full mysqldump and then restore the database, keep in mind our
> database is 400 GB, mysqldump is 600MB file, about 30 minutes into the
> restore get this error on one table on an insert:
>
> ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1388: You have an error in your SQL syntax;
> check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
> right syntax to use near ''2010-04-10 20' at line 1
>
> It weird because If I upgrade 5.1 right over 5.0 without doing a
> mysqldump, and then do a mysqlcheck it works, except for 5 tables, and
> triggers, so trying to think of the best way to get to 5.1

i have never in my life used a dumpfile and i am coming
from mysql 3.3 while all machines was migrated to 5.5 with
all steps between and around 50 mysql-instances coming from
the same clones originally installed on Windows, later moved
to MacOSX and since 2008 running on fedora Linux

i have even done downgrades from MySQL 6.0 alpha years ago
to 5.0 without any dump and problems except verify and change
the scheme of the mysqld database (users and permsissions)

did you run "mysql_upgrade" after EACH update of your server
and if not why?

P.S.: nobofy which a working brain would NOW upgrade to the
first MySQL 5.6 release in production