Monty and all at MySQL,

I am sorry to hear about this most unfortunate situation. It is sad to see
that NuSphere have taken it upon themselves to attempt to steal your
intellectual property and try to benefit from all of the MySQL team's
hard work. My company has been licensing using MySQL for development of
our products for the past 18 months or so and I have had nothing but good
things to say about MySQL. You are a credit to the open source community
and I believe you have found the perfect balance with MySQL for both
open source and commercial users.

Your comments that you totally rely on the trust of your users is admirable
and very much appreciated by many people I am sure. However, being the human
race, there are always people that are going to take liberties and abuse
such trust. I hope that your legal defence is swift and successful and
does not cause too much disruption to your day to day business.

As far as I am concerned, if NuSphere are selling a product derived from
MySQL, then they should be paying MySQL.com a license fee to ensure that
the professionals that are responsible for the creation of MySQL can
continue to develop MySQL.

We *embed* MySQL into our products and pay commercial license fees for the
use of MySQL. Having dealt with MySQL at a commercial level, I can honestly
say that, there is absolutely no excuse for what NuSphere have done. Your
licensing policies have been totally fair, non-restrictive and realistic.

Needless to say, You have our full support and rest assured I, or anyone
who works at my company will not have anything to do with either mysql.org
or NuSphere now or in the future.

Kind Regards

Gerry Sweeney
Hornbill Systems Limited