Peter Duffy writes:

> Versions:
>
> Linux: Redhat 6.2, kernel 2.2.16-3 (using Terje Malmedal's coredump
> patch from http://www.movement.uklinux.net - there are a number of
> patches addressing the threaded coredump issue, but this one was
> specific for my kernel and it sure as hell did the business 8))
>
> OpenLDAP:  originally 2.0.7, then 2.0.11.
>
> mysql: 3.23.38
>
> MyODBC: 2.50.33
>
> libiodbc: 3.0.5
>
> mpatrol: 1.4.5 (http://www.cbmamiga.demon.co.uk/mpatrol)

Hi!

As an example, mysql server is a multi-threaded program and when
compile --with-debug it uses DBUG function.

There are literally thousands and thousands of locations where mysql
server built for debugging is running, without a single problem being
caused by those routines.

Furthermore, these routines have not been changed for years and have
been  thoroughly checked with Purify and Pure Coverage which are much
better tools then mpatrol.

I have my own reservations regarding mpatrol and dmalloc. None of
them, for example, worked with my C++ programs. They just crashed/
refused to work. I have tried latest versions and wrote to the
authors. That was more then one year ago. It is possible that
meanwhile this situation has been fixed.

--
Regards,