Hi!

I have a small comment to this.

<cut>

>> I have no interest in any other clients except possibly to investigate
>> whether or not they produced anything like the same behaviour that I am
>> observing with my own application.
>>
>> My only key objective is to fix my application, which, to repeat again,
>> is coredumping during calls to DBUG functions within the mysqlclient and
>> MyODBC libraries.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Peter

Sinisa> Exactly what I mean. There are several multithreaded clients out there
Sinisa> all using libmysqlclient and some MyODBC and none of them  experience
Sinisa> the problems you describe.

Note that you will get crashes in the DBUG package if you call any
MySQL function inside a thread that hasn't called mysql_init() or
mysql_connect().

If you want to use MySQL functions in threads that doesn't call the
above functions, you need to call my_thread_init() at the start of the
thread and my_thread_end() before the thread ends.

If you think that the DBUG functions are the ones that is causing
problems, you can always recompile MySQL without --with-debug, in
which the DBUG macros will not generate any code.

Regards,
Monty