Peter Duffy writes:
> Hi Sinisa,
>
> My problems are within the mysqlclient and MyODBC libraries, both used
> directly by the application (and therefore all on the "client" side of
> the socket.) Both the mysqlclient and MyODBC libraries do (or in my case
> did) contain calls to the DBUG functions.
>
> Obviously, given the fact that the libraries are being called directly
> by the application, the amount of multi-threading done by the
> application is most emphatically relevant.

First of all DBUG_* are not functions but macros and very simple
macros for that fact.

And if there was a bug in any of those macros, it would have surfaced
in our server or in any of our multi-threaded client, like
mysqlmanager.

> I have no interest in any other clients except possibly to investigate
> whether or not they produced anything like the same behaviour that I am
> observing with my own application.
>
> My only key objective is to fix my application, which, to repeat again,
> is coredumping during calls to DBUG functions within the mysqlclient and
> MyODBC libraries.
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Exactly what I mean. There are several multithreaded clients out there
all using libmysqlclient and some MyODBC and none of them  experience
the problems you describe.

--
Regards,