From: Henning Schroeder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 3:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: limit and order by issuse

>sh> Here is my query:
>
>sh> SELECT
>sh>
articleId,arttitle,artsourceId,artstatus,artauthorId,arteventdate,artpre
>sh> ss,artpageno,artrankId,artabstract,
>sh> artfulltext,artisdisplay,arteditionId,arttypeid,artsubjectid ,
>sh> asubjectId,asubjectname , FLOOR((TO_DAYS(CURRENT_DATE()) -
>sh> TO_DAYS(arteventdate))/365.25) as dif , atypeId, atypename,
authorId,
>sh> autname , sourceId, srcname ,usrfname ,usrlname from article
,asubject
>sh> ,atype ,author, source left join user on user.userId = article.user
>sh> where artstatus!='N' and artsourceId = sourceId and authorId =
>sh> artauthorId and arttypeid = atypeId and asubjectId=artsubjectid and
>sh> artauthorid=145 order by articleId desc limit 1 , 20
>

>sh> -  When my application in php is getting data from mysql it gets
some
>sh> rows. And show no error. [ mysql_error()  show no error]
>
>sh> -  When I run same query on phpmyadmin query prompt, it gives an
error
>sh> with no description.
>
>Technically there should be no big difference running the query in
>php or phpmyadmin, so I don't understand why this would return
>different answers.

Yes there is, and it has caused me some grief a while ago. phpmyadmin
(at
least my installation) seems to add "limit 0,30" to every select query
you
enter into the input field. i think this is to make sure that the result

page is not extremely long. anyway, one *cannot* enter limit clauses in
phpmyadmin query. yes, it sucks.

henning schroeder.