I think this is a little OT here, so after reading please
indicate me where to talk about this subject.

I'm a skilled programmer in C, C++ and others progr. lang.
I have also a solid background in SQL and some RDMS
(DB2, Oracle, SQLServer, and of course, Mysql).

I'm going to attend a long period of holidays (finally) so,
I thought: why don't try to implement stored procedures
in mysql ?

Now, on with the questions:

I think that MySQL programmers had yet thinked on some
way to implement sp, and I'd wish that someone say me:
- "No, dude it's impossible/too hard"
- "No, dude, we are in the way to finish that by ourselves"
- "No, dude, we never insert big patches in our official
   distribution branch, that does not belong to us"

Or, better, something more optimistic...

I don't want to loose my time, in something that you
know is impossible or too hard to get.

Another question:

At a first glance, I think Oracle PL/SQL is the best (afaik)
programming language for sp, but, in the case we implement
that language, should we go against some Oracle copytight
infringment ?

That's all, for now.

database, mysql