Trim won't work because the newline is in the middle of the string.  Try using the
REPLACE function, ie

UPDATE hotel SET nome_hotel=replace(nome_hotel, '\n', '')

For the second question, it actually doesn't matter if it's CAPS or not.  The group by
will be done in a case insensitive manner.  However, if you really need it lowercase,
try this:

SELECT LOWER(nome_hotel) FROM hotel GROUP BY 1

Steve Meyers