On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Clyde Jones wrote:

> Did you try that? replace should recursively replace ALL double spaces,
> if it is a problem just run and rerun the query
>
> UPDATED hotel
>  set nome_hotel  replace(nome_hotel, "  ", " ")
>
> until all the double spaces are gone.

Ok.  I tried it but of no use.  It replaced three records and after that
none even though I tried again and again...

mysql> select id,nome_hotel from hotel limit 10;
+------+---------------------+
| id   | nome_hotel          |
+------+---------------------+
| 3825 |                     |
| 3827 |                     |
| 3391 | Abi d'Oru           |
| 5208 | Abou                   Nawas Djerba |
| 3063 | Abou Nawas Djerba   |
| 1252 | Adams Beach         |
| 9757 | Aegean                         Village   |
| 7973 | Aegean              |
| 8917 | Aegean Village      |
| 8122 | Aegeon              |

Thanks